1. Thousands of studies have shown acupuncture treatments can effectively relieve and reduce pain. Migraines can be either acute or chronic and both are treatable through short and long term acupuncture treatments.
2. Although migraines can be genetically or food induced, most professionals begin by looking at migraines resulting from an inflammatory response produced by the body. Acupuncture promotes the release of vascular and immune “calming/enhancing” factors that rapidly decrease inflammation.
3. Serotonin release is directly correlated to the frequency and initiation of migraines. Acupuncture acts as a preventative medicine balancing serotonin levels on a long term basis.
4. Nausea, dizziness, vomiting can all be reduced when combining acupuncture with herbal formulas and specific tea combinations
5. Acupuncture improves blood circulation increasing oxygen transport to muscle and tissues often impacted by migraines. Tension around the head, neck and shoulders is often at the root of migraines, and can be suppressed and or removed through effective treatment.