The Best Far Infrared Sauna Therapy In Grapevine, Bedford, Keller, Colleyville, Southlake and the Entire Greater Mid-cities Area
The potential benefits of far infrared sauna treatment are immense. Maybe you’ve read about it online, heard about it on the news, or even received a recommendation from your physician to use far infrared sauna therapy. Whether you have particular health and/or wellness goals, suffer from a specific health condition that far infrared sauna therapy can relieve, or simply want some high-quality rest and relaxation, far infrared sauna therapy is one of the safest, most effective methods you can use.
Keep reading to find out how infrared saunas work, what the benefits of far infrared sauna are, and how Vitality Wellness Clinic offers the best far infrared sauna treatment near you. Then schedule your far infrared sauna treatment today, or contact us to find out more about what far infrared sauna therapy can do for you!
What Is A Far Infrared Sauna (And What Makes Ours So Special)?
A far infrared sauna is a type of sauna that creates heat by using infrared lamps to warm the body directly, rather than increasing body temperature by heating the air around a patient. This warming process provides users with deep-penetrating dry heat therapy, which has many proven health benefits and fewer risks than moist heat therapy.
Far infrared saunas are more available than ever at wellness centers and spas, and portable/at-home far infrared sauna kits are increasingly popular. High-quality, professional-grade far infrared saunas, like the one at our centrally-located Grapevine, TX office, have the benefit of providing a more controlled, safer sauna treatment environment than lesser-quality professional and at-home far infrared sauna kits.
Specifically, the far infrared sauna at our facility is free of common sauna design problems like cold air leaks, non-insulating walls, and other flaws that can render far infrared sauna treatments less effective. What’s more, our highly-trained, knowledgeable staff oversee far infrared sauna treatments at our facility, ensuring your experience is as enjoyable, beneficial, and safe as possible.
How Do Far Infrared Saunas Work?
Far infrared light is a kind of invisible radiant energy that has a longer wavelength than visible light and is easily absorbed by the skin. It is a component of natural sunlight, and the primary reason why exposure to direct sunlight warms the body.
Far infrared saunas use far infrared light to warm users’ bodies with radiant (rather than conductive) heat. This means that, unlike traditional saunas, far infrared saunas don’t need to heat the air to transfer heat to the body. Instead, far infrared energy absorbs at a depth of 1.5” beneath the skin . This enables heat therapy to penetrate deeper tissues than traditional warmed air therapies. Moreover, it also allows the sauna to work at lower temperatures, causing a “better sweat” at safer temperatures and empowering patients to remain in the sauna for longer sessions.
This is a significant benefit of far infrared sauna use; traditional warm air saunas can overheat the surface of the skin (without yielding much deep penetrative heat therapy) and harm the sensitive vicious membranes of the eyes, irritate nasal and throat passages, and cause skin rashes, dryness, and itching.
Specifically, far infrared saunas operate at temperatures between 115°-135°F, while traditional warm air saunas reach temperatures near 200°F. In addition to making sauna therapy more productive and comfortable, this makes far infrared saunas safer for people with a variety of contraindicated health conditions for sauna therapy and who are sensitive to heat.
What are the Benefits of a Far Infrared Sauna?
The potential health benefits of far infrared sauna treatment are immense. Concentrated exposure to far infrared light improves overall relaxation while also stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system (which is responsible for slowing the heart rate, relaxing internally-held tension, and increasing digestive activity).
Far infrared light exposure can also increase circulation, improve oxygenation of the cells, and boost the immune system, which together speed the rate of healing/recovery. Additionally, far infrared sauna treatment can aid in releasing toxins from the body. The potential benefits of far infrared light therapy are so significant (and its use is so safe) that it is frequently present in neonatal warmers in hospital nurseries.
The specific potential health benefits of far infrared sauna treatment include:
- Meditation-like mental and physical relaxation.
- Improved muscular endurance and more rapid muscle recovery after exercise.
- Decreased presentation of somatic symptoms of depression.
- Increased production of white blood cells and illness-fighting antibodies, which boosts immune system activity and preconditions the body for better immune response to a variety of short-term and chronic health conditions, including some cancers.
- Reduced rheumatic pain and increased comfort and mobility among people with peripheral artery disease and other chronic pain conditions; this is due to increased circulation and reduced inflammation.
- Weight loss and lower BMI due to increased digestive activity and metabolism.
- Providing safe treatment for obesity and high cholesterol.
- Benefits to cardiovascular health like reduced blood pressure, decreased heart rate, and slowed progression of congestive heart failure.
- More youthful skin appearance and relief from chronic skin conditions, like psoriasis, eczema, and acne, due to increased collagen and elastin production and the release of pore-blocking oils.
- Improved quality of life and decreased symptom presentation among people with chronic fatigue syndrome and type II diabetes.
- Diminished migraine headache pain intensity.
- Decreasing liver stress as the body removes dangerous toxins and unwanted chemical build-up through the skin.
Certain health conditions and medication uses are contraindicated for safe sauna use. Moreover, there is no guarantee that far infrared sauna treatment will yield the above-listed benefits. Speak to your healthcare provider before adding far infrared sauna therapy to any treatment plan.